CV-SALTS – Managing Salt and Nitrate in the California Central Valley
General Information Materials
PUBLIC OUTREACH DOCUMENTS
CV-SALTS has developed a collection of documents and other media to inform and raise awareness regarding the salt and nitrate challenge in the Central Valley.
The Salt and Nitrate Control Program was approved by the State Water Resources Control Board on October 16, 2019 ( RESOLUTION NO. 2019-0057 ) and became effective on January 17, 2020.
The following resources were developed to help explain, and promote the benefits, of the Salt and Nitrate Control Program (SNMP).Feel free to download and use in your education and outreach efforts.
- New Nitrate Control Program (2020) (English Version and Spanish Version)
- New Nitrate Control Program Offers Choices for Compliance (2020)
- El nuevo program de control de nitratos ofrece diferentes opciones para el complimiento (2020)
- Guidance for Engaging Communities During Development of Early Action Plans (2020)
Safe Drinking Water
Salt and Nitrate Compliance – July 2, 2020
- Presentation: New Nitrate and Salt Permitting Approaches Coming for the Central Valley
- Part 1 – Introduction and Program Overview – Patrick Pulupa, Executive Officer, Central Valley Regional Water Quality Control Board
- Part 2 – Salt Control Program – Daniel Cozad, Executive Director, Central Valley Salinity Coalition
- Part 3 – Nitrate Control Program – Tess Dunham, Attorney, Kahn, Soares & Conway, LLP
- Part 4 – Nitrate Management Zones – Charlotte Gallock, Director of Water Resources, Kings River Conservation District; Parry Klassen, Executive Director, East San Joaquin Water Quality Coalition; and J.P. Cativiela, Regulatory Director, Dairy Cares
- Questions and Answers