On Thursday, July 2, 2020 the Central Valley Salinity Coalition (CVSC) hosted a webinar for municipal and industry leaders and consultants in all disciplines of water resource management. Participants learned firsthand from people who developed recently approved nitrate and salt permit requirements for the Central Valley, as well as those actively working to implement those requirements locally through the formation of Management Zones.
Click below to review topics presented and discussed during the session.
Slide Presentation - New Nitrate and Salt Permitting Approaches Coming for the Central Valley
Recordings of the Speaker Presentations:
- Part 1, Introduction and Program Overview - Patrick Pulupa, Executive Officer, Central Valley Regional Water Quality Control Board
- Part 2, Salt Control Program - Daniel Cozad, Executive Director, Central Valley Salinity Coalition
- Part 3, Nitrate Control Program - Tess Dunham, Attorney, Kahn, Soares & Conway, LLP
- Part 4, Nitrate Management Zones - Charlotte Gallock, Director of Water Resources, Kings River Conservation District; Parry Klassen, Executive Director, East San Joaquin Water Quality Coalition; and J.P. Cativiela, Regulatory Director, Dairy Cares
Resources & References
- The Economic Impacts of Central Valley Salinity
- CV-SALTS Technical Projects
- Guidance for Engaging Communities During Development of Early Action Plans
- Prioritization & Optimization Study Fee Summary by Industry/Permit Type
- July 2, 2020 Webinar Polling Results
- July 2, 2020 Webinar Survey Results
- July 2, 2020 Q & A Forum Transcript